<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Another Cyberactivist Award Given Out! 

Tom Philpott over at Bitter Greens has earned this new Cyberactivist Award for his wonderful blog that so irked Monsanto. Seems that I am hardly the only blogger going after giant multinationals. He is a small organic farmer, so you know that fact alone would make me support him, but taking it one step further and angering the giant Monsanto to the point that they sent him a cease and desist email was just laughably funny. You can read his blunt (his word) response here.

His blog will also, of course, be listed in my sidebar to show my support for his work. As I fight the giant multinational factory farms like Tyson, he is fighting giant multinational companies like Monsanto. Therefore I consider him an ally in my fight, as I also fight against GM crops, animals, or any other mutant unnatural products they try to stuff down the throats of the world, even as the world has made it extremely crystal clear that they don't want them.

I originally found out about this from GM Watch's article, which led me to his blog.

Keep up the good work, Tom! It's gonna take all of us little people fighting back to take our country(ies) and our world back from the corporate rulers it and they now have. More power to you! I'll check in from time to time to see how things are going. Meanwhile, I wouldn't worry too much about them. Surely they wouldn't stoop so low as to doing the things they did to me. Or would they? Only time will tell. Their reaction will be directly related to the amount of harm you do them.

Isn't it funny that a little obscure blogger writing from a little rural area has the power to so anger a big bad multi-billion dollar company? If it couldn't become so dangerous and serious, you indeed would have to guffaw, as ol' Tom says.

Well, you know what? I still guffaw when I am attacked. And I did so again when I read about what he did and Monsanto's response to it. But what really made it even funier was how many people discovered and learned about Tom's blog only after Monsanto attacked him! Ha ha ha! The irony of it!

Keep up the good work, Tom. The world certainly needs more people like us bloggers attacking the status quo and rich fat cats getting fatter off the misery of the little people. Dude, you have my full support! Keep on blogging!
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com